Keeping track of your used up makeup and skincare products is a great way to encourage yourself to use more of what you have and buy less of the things you don’t need. It means you waste less products and save money at the same time.
Originally I planned to do monthly empties blog posts but thought it might get a bit boring. But now that my empties box is overflowing and I’ve got a bazillion products to share I think it’s about time to take out the trash!
Here’s what I’ve used up in the past 6 months!
💜 Love it 👍🏻 Good 😐 Not sure
👎🏻 Didn’t like 💩 Shit
- Sukin facial moisturiser 💜
- Avon care fresh hydration hand cream 👍🏻
- Lon Vitalite C9 crystal moisturising hand mask👍🏻
The thing I love most about Sukin moisturisers is the easy pump top and of course all the natural ingredients. I was surprised how nice and relaxing the Lonvitalite hand mask was as I’ve never tried one before. I don’t know many brands that make hand masks. If your wondering why I don’t have many skincare empties it’s because I have a bad habit of using to many different brands and products at once!
- Rosehip gentle cleansing facial wipes 👍🏻
- Garnier micellar cleansing water 💜
- Shu uemura skin purifier 👍🏻
- This works in transit no traces cleansing pads👍🏻
- Garnier micellar cleansing water – combination on to oily skin 👍🏻
It’s no surprise that I went through a shit load of makeup removal products and setting sprays. As these are products I use daily and only have a handful on rotation. My fave way to remove my makeup is still the original Garnier Micellar Water.
- Rimmel fix and perfect primer 👍🏻
- Pretty Little Painters makeup sponges 💩
- NP set concealer 👍🏻
I have these makeup sponges a rating of ‘shit’ because that’s what they are! They were the first beauty blender like sponges I ever used and because I hadn’t tried any others I thought they were good. After trying Real Techiques and the Original Beauty Blender I realised that those sponges were way too hard and didn’t apply products well at all.
- Urban decay all nighter setting spray 💜
- Maybelline master fix setting spray 👍🏻
- Nyx dewy finish setting spray 😐
- Nyx matt finish setting spray 😐
- Mac prep and prime fix plus setting spray 💜
Out of all the setting sprays I’ve tried I love Urban Decay’s All Nighter and Mac Fix + the best as they both keep my makeup in place and are basically waterproof. I’m currently using the bridal version of Skindinavia’s setting spray and that too is the bomb!
- Rimmel match perfection foundation 👍🏻
- Rimmel lasting finish foundation 👍🏻
- Nars all day luminous foundation 💜
- Avon extra lasting liquid foundation 😐
I finished more foundations recently than I thought I would which is exciting coz it gives me a reason to buy and try some new ones! I found the Rimmel foundations to be good for everyday wear as they give good coverage and are affordable. I’m quite sad that my Nar’s All Day Luminous foundation is finished as it was one of my faves. It has a nice light weight formula and gives a smooth long lasting finish.
- Mac mineralize skinfinish natural powder 💜
- Kibi raw mineral foundation 💜
- Mineralogie powder 👍🏻
If you like mineral powder foundations Kibi Raw Minerals is the best I’ve tried. It is really fine and leaves the skin with a natural glow. I found Mac’s Mineralize Skin Finish to be fantastic as well. I found it worked well as a setting powder too.
- Schwarzkopf colour shine and protect express repair leave in conditioner 😐
- Batiste dry shampoo sassy and daring wild 💜
- Australia nourish naturals dry shampoo 👍🏻
I’ve been a bit slack in the hair care department lately and haven’t really been using many products. I did love the Batiste dry shampoo though and would love to try some other scents. The Schwarzkopf Leave in Conditioner smelt really nice but I didn’t see any noticeable results in the condition of my hair.
- L’occitance hibiscus flower ultra rich body cream 💜
- Pure tan coconut body cream 😐
- Vaseline intensive care spray moisturiser 👍🏻
- Napoletana Perdis French lemon body lotion 👍🏻
- Avon SSS satin glow daily body moisturiser 👍🏻
- Johnsons holiday skin body lotion 👍🏻
Now on to body products! I normally don’t like body creams or butters in tubs because I find they are just annoying and are often not that good. That’s before I tried L’occitane’s Ultra Rich Body Cream! The formula melted into the skin and smelled just beautiful. I would love to try another scent from this range! Im a big fan of the Vaseline spray on moisturiser too. It is so quick and easy to use. Just spray on and rub in. Plus it’s fun to spray , win win!
Well that’s it for my overflowing box of empties! Did you see any of your favourites or something you would like to try?