I officially suck at New Years resolutions. And to be honest things like eat healthy and excersize more just don’t seem to happen for me! So this year I’ve put together a list of beauty and blogging resolutions that I hope to slay in 2017!
1. DESTASH! Like many makeup addicts I have enough products to last me 10 lifetimes. This year I’d like to cut down my collection. Old items will need to be thrown out and any unused items I may be able to sell on EBay.
2. CLEAN MY BRUSHES! Yep, not cleaning your makeup brushes is pretty gross. It’s definitly something I need to do more often. It will benefit my skin health and make my makeup application better by using clean brushes.
3. SPEND LESS! It’s hard to resist the urges to buy the latest and greatest beauty products. I have a few things on my wishlist but ideally I’d like to only purchase things I need. I’m also thinking of cancelling my current beauty subscription as I often receive products I already own.
4. CATALOG MY COLLECTION! To help keep myself organised and not buying unnecessary products I thought it would be fun to keep a record of my collection. There is an app I’d like to try called ‘My Makeup Collection’ which helps you organise your makeup by type, brand and colour.
5. HIT 5K! The ultimate dream is to reach 10k on my Instagram account but being realistic 5K would be a great milestone for me to hit this year.
6. YOU TUBE? Yes, you heard right! I’d love to try making a few beauty videos. I’m thinking hauls, tutorials and reviews. It might take a bit of practise but I think it could be fun.
7. TREAT MYSELF. It’s very rare for me to treat myself to a facial, pedicure or massage. I think by taking some me time once a month it will do me the world of good.
8. WEAR SPF! We all know that we should be wearing SPF on our faces everyday no matter what the weather. I’m guilty of not even thinking about it! I need to start using Primera and foundations that have added protection.
9. MAKE A RATES CARD! So I finally got around to making a media kit last year but I have been putting off the dreaded rates card. If anyone has some tips for me that would be great!
10. TRY NEW LOOKS! I often get stuck in a makeup rut and go for the classic nude lip and neutral eyeshadow. I think it’s time I started venturing out to some brighter colours!
11. KEEP IT CLEAN! My vanity often looks like a bomb has hit it and I should really try and keep it looking tidy. I might invest in some more acrylic storage.
12. BLOG BETTER! Over the last few months I have been pretty slack and not showing my blog the love it deserves. I need to start posting more consistently and give it all a bit of an update to refresh.
13. UPCYCLE! When I purchase any high end makeup products I always keep the packaging. Often it’s just too pretty to throw away. Rather than just have it all sitting in a box I would love to glue them onto s canvas to hang above my vanity. I watched a tutorial on how to do it by @makeupbyjaz and it looks like fun.
14. NAIL IT! I’m very slack when it comes to looking after my nails and they really do need more attention. I need to create more time for mani’s.
15. GET GOOGLE ANALYTICS! I’m at that stage with my blog now where I should really be using google analytics. Although it all seems quite confusing and I will have to transfer my blog across to WordPress.org I think it will benefit me in the long run.
16. WORK, WORK, WORK! This year I would love the opportunity to work with some new brands and build relationships with some new PR company’s. On my hit list at the moment are Maybeline, Beauty Next, One Day Dream PR and Elise Garland PR.
17. VISIT SEPHORA! Can you believe that I still haven’t set foot in a Sephora store! This year I’m hoping to loose my Sephora virginity in Melb and hopefully pick up some of the products on my wishlist.
Hope you enjoyed reading my beauty and blog resolutions for this year. It will be interesting to look back at the end of the year to see how many I actually achieve! Do you have any resolutions for 2017?
-LOVE LOLA X
2 thoughts on “MY 17 BEAUTY & BLOGGING RESOLUTIONS FOR 2017”
great resolutions ! would love to see you def start a youtube channel! Trangles xoxo
Hehe! Thanks babe x